Please ensure you are familiar with our luggage allowances before travelling:
You can bring up to three pieces of luggage – two larger items (90x70x30 cm) and one piece of hand luggage.
You will need to be able to handle your own luggage, unless you have booked assistance.
Please note oversized and extra luggage may be charged.
Extra luggage is classed as:
- each item in excess of the free allowance (as shown above),
- any item with dimensions exceeding 90 x 70 x 30 cm.
Oversized luggage may be refused in passenger accommodation if:
- the items would obstruct doorways, gangways or corridors,
- the dimension of the item exceeds 90 x 70 x 30cm,
- in the opinion of our staff, the item is only suitable to be conveyed in the luggage van.
Keeping your luggage safe:
- East Coast strongly advises that when travelling at peak times, any luggage stored on-board is labelled with the customer's name, address, contact number and destination station.
- Unless checked in to the guard's van, all luggage must remain in the customer's sight.
- Luggage must be stowed in the luggage racks, overhead luggage racks and under seats.
- Doors, gangways and corridors must be kept clear.
- Pushchairs must be folded down and treated as luggage.
If you prefer to travel light, why not try a specialist luggage delivery service?