Flexible off-peak travel for less
Pick 'n' mix for great savings on your journeys
As long as you’re travelling off-peak, you don’t need to buy a fully flexible ticket to benefit from the freedom to decide when you want to travel.
We've made our Super Off-Peak Single 50% cheaper, giving you the flexibility to decide when you want to travel and saving you money into the bargain.
Super Off-Peak Singles booked on our website from selected East Coast stations to London and vice versa are half the usual price.
How to save
Book your ticket online through this site and look for the Super Off-Peak fares.
The Super Off-Peak Single allows you to travel on any train outside of peak times Mondays to Fridays and at any time on Saturdays and Sundays. And for even bigger savings, you can also use your Railcard.
The Super Off-Peak Single can be bought in conjunction with any other single ticket. So if you can commit to travel on a particular train and want to take advantage of an Advance fare for the best price on one leg of your journey, but want flexibility in the other direction, the Super Off-Peak Single is perfect for you.
Terms & conditions
- Discount applies to selected Super Off-Peak journeys only, when booked through the booking form on this site. Bookings for any given date must be made by 23.59 the previous day to benefit from the reduced fare.
- Subject to availability. Journeys must be made on the date shown on your ticket.
- Travel by any operator along the route shown for your journey. 50% discount is applied to the usual Super Off-Peak single for your journey with route “Any Permitted” being shown on your ticket.
- Tickets can be purchased in conjunction with Railcards subject to Railcard terms and conditions; no other offers or discounts, except child discount, can be applied.
- Available for the following journeys only: London to: Edinburgh, Dunbar, Berwick, Alnmouth, Morpeth, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, York, Leeds, Wakefield, Doncaster, Retford, Lincoln, Newark North Gate, Grantham and Peterborough; and vice versa.
- You may not start, break and resume or terminate your journey at any intermediate station. If you do so you will have to pay extra, up to the normal price of the Super Off-Peak Single ticket for that journey.
- Times you can travel: Southbound: On any train timed to arrive in London King's Cross 1117 or later, Monday-Friday. Northbound: On any train from London King's Cross except those timed to depart before 0906 Monday-Friday and 1457-1859 inclusive, Monday-Thursday and 1457-1815 on Fridays.
- Changes to travel dates can be made online, provided there is time to do so. Changes can also be made at station booking offices, but the special offer discount will be lost and the extra will be payable up to the normal fare booked at stations for that journey.
- Where not shown above, usual Super Off-Peak fare terms and conditions apply.