The best way to save for frequent journeys
For commuters and other travellers making regular journeys, a Season Ticket lets you save money and get unlimited travel on any train. They’re available for between one and 12 months.
What are the benefits?
- Ideal for commuters and frequent travel between two specific stations
- Cheaper than buying individual tickets for your journey
- Unlimited travel on any train, at any time of day, between two stations of your choice
- Great for work, and also for weekend trips
- Choose from one month up to one year’s duration
When can I travel?
- As long as your Season Ticket is valid, you can travel at any time between your chosen stations.
- Season Tickets are available for a month, or any period over a month up to a year.
How do I apply for a Season Ticket?
You can pick up an application form from your nearest East Coast Travel Centre – you’ll need to bring a passport-sized photography with you. If you’re buying a Season Ticket for the first time, you can check the price in advance by using the Season Ticket Calculator on the National Rail Enquiries website.
Can I pay for my annual Season Ticket in instalments?
Yes, you can choose to pay by four quarterly direct debits, but only if your ticket does not include cross-London travel. Download a direct debit application form.
Is it possible to reserve a seat?
Yes, you can make a seat reservations on all East Coast services up to seven days beyond the expiry of your Season Ticket. Simply complete a seat reservation application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I book a car park space with my Season Ticket?
Yes, you can buy a car park season ticket for seven days, one month, three months and 12 months from any East Coast Travel Centre, depending on the length of your Season Ticket.
We operate car parks at the following stations: Peterborough, Grantham, Newark North Gate, Retford, Doncaster, Wakefield Westgate, York, Darlington, Durham, Newcastle and Dunbar. Other stations may also have car parks where season tickets may be available. Check the availability of car park season tickets at other stations.
In addition, all East Coast operated car parks have the option to buy a one-week ticket (one entry and one exit) at the car park ticket machine – with or without a Season Ticket.
Are Season Tickets refundable?
Yes, as long as there is a sufficient period of validity remaining on your Season Ticket. You’ll also need to pay a £10 administration fee.
Can I change my travel plans?
Yes, your ticket gives you unlimited travel on your chosen route, so you can travel whenever you like.
Do I need to book in advance?
No, you don’t. Just turn up and go.
Can I break my journey?
Yes, you can stop off at stations along your route of travel.
Can I get a discount with a railcard?
Railcard discounts are not available on Season Tickets, as these tickets are already heavily discounted.
Are there discounts for children?
Yes, there is a 50% discount for children aged 5-15, and under 5's travel free. Read more about travelling with children.
Can I reserve a seat?
Yes, you can reserve a seat in advance if you want, but you don’t have to.
Can I upgrade to First Class?
Yes, but you’ll need to make up the difference in price.
Do I need a photocard to use my Season Ticket?
Yes, you do. To get one, take a passport size photo to any East Coast Travel Centre when you buy your Season Ticket, and you'll be given a photocard free of charge.
Terms & conditions
Please read our terms and conditions for Season Tickets before booking.
When you purchase a Season Ticket for the first time, you will need to provide a passport-sized photograph. This will enable us to issue you with your photocard, which must accompany your Season Ticket. Your photocard can then be used with any further Season Ticket that you purchase. Please remember, children may require proof of age. If a photocard is lost or the true likeness of the holder changes, a new photocard is required before it can be used with a Season Ticket. We will issue a replacement Season Ticket with the new photocard serial number in these circumstances. An administration charge may be made.
A Season Ticket is valid for travel on any train, at any time (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day) between the two stations or zones specified, for as many journeys as you want for the period shown and by Any Permitted route. Travel beyond the specified stations/zones or after the expiry date or by any route that is not valid, will require the purchase of a separate ticket for the additional journey. A Season Ticket is only valid when produced together with the photocard to which it relates.
A refund may be made on a monthly (or longer duration) tickets from the issuing office provided that there are at least 7 days' validity remaining. A refund is calculated from the date the Season Ticket is returned. If you claim a refund on a ticket purchased because you could not produce your Seaston Ticket and/or photocard at the time of travel, on the first occasion you may receive a full refund. On the second occasion, you may receive a refund and pay an administration fee of £10. On the third and all subsequent occasions within the 12-month period starting from the first occasion that the Season Ticket could not be produced, no refund will be given on tickets purchased.
These are available to holders of monthly or annual Season Tickets. Only one replacement will normally be allowed. If lost, you must inform the Travel Centre from which you bought the Season Ticket as soon as possible and agree to return the lost ticket if found. An administration charge* will be made for replacing the lost ticket. A second replacement may be allowed if the original Season Ticket is returned to us within one month of notification of the loss, or if the first or second request for a duplicate arose as a result of theft, robbery, fire or other exceptional circumstances, the facts of which have been reported to the police, the fire service or another appropriate body. No more than two duplicate Season Tickets will be issued within any 12-month period under any circumstances. * The administration charge for a duplicate season ticket is £20.
5. New Tickets or Renewals
i) Following a break of continuity
- 7-Day Season Tickets - The ticket may be issued on the start date; if the start date is a Monday (or Tuesday after a Bank Holiday), the ticket may be issued from 0600 hours on the previous Sunday.
- Monthly and Annual Season Tickets - If the start date is a Saturday, Sunday or Monday (also Tuesday after a Bank Holiday), the ticket may be issued from noon on the previous Friday. If the start date is another day, the ticket may be issued after noon on the previous day.
ii) Where the ticket is surrendered with no break of continuity
- 7-Day Season Tickets - If the start date is a Sunday or Monday (or Tuesday after a Bank Holiday) the ticket may be issued from noon on the previous Friday. If the start date is another day, the ticket may be issued after noon on the previous day.
- Monthly and Annual Seasons Tickets - The ticket may be issued any time up to seven days in advance.
6. Season Ticket Holders Seat Reservation Terms & Conditions
- One application form per Season Ticket holder. Multiple bookings will not be processed.
- All fields must be completed in order for the reservations to be processed.
- We will do our best to reserve the seat of your choice or one closest to your request.
- Reservations can be made up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Reservations are available only from East Coast Travel Centres.
- Reservations are not valid unless they are accompanied with the correct Season Ticket and a copy of the seat reservation form.
- Reservation fees may apply.
- A maximum of one journey per direction per day is permitted.
- Please allow up to 7 days for reservations to be processed. Reservations can be made up to 7 days beyond the expiry of your Season Ticket.
- East Coast has the right to withdraw or modify this facility. Where possible, reasonable prior notice will be given.
- Reservations are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage.