We aim to provide all necessary assistance to disabled customers throughout our network, whether this has been booked in advance or not. We recommend that arrangements are made in advance whenever possible to ensure that we are able to meet you and help you accordingly.
All our trains have space for at least two wheelchairs but unfortunately we cannot accommodate wheelchairs that exceed 120cm in length and 75cm in width. Wheelchair spaces vary between our Mallard electric and HST trains. Our wheelchair accessible toilets are located in Standard accommodation coach F and our Mallard electric trains have a second accessible toilet in First Class coach L. However, one of our HST trains has a slightly different design as the only wheelchair accessible toilet on-board is located in First Class coach L. If you are due to travel on this train and you require wheelchair space, our staff will aim to seat you in coach L subject to the space being available.
For general accessibility enquiries or to make a request for assistance our Assisted Travel team can be contacted by:
- Telephone 03457 225 225
- Text relay service 18001 03457 225 225
- Open daily 08.00 - 20.00
Bookings can be made by our Assisted Travel team using the nationwide Passenger Assistance service (P-Assist). Please note that we recommend a minimum of 24 hours' notice.
By making a single call to us we can arrange:
- purchase of your travel tickets;
- assistance to and from the train at starting, intermediate and destination stations;
- seat reservations, including the booking of dedicated wheelchair spaces; and
- onward travel reservations on services operated by other train companies where reservations are available. Even if other train companies do not offer reservations on train services you can still book assistance.
Find out how Describe Online can help you navigate your way around some of our stations.